The Odds Are In Your Favor!
Swimming faster takes hard work, dedication and a drive to succeed. But did you know that according to numerous studies, there are certain things that can increase your odds of achieving your goals.
Here is a breakdown on achieving goals based on how you approach them:
- Percentage chance of achieving your goal if it is just an idea in your head- 10%
- Percentage chance of achieving your goal if it has a deadline – 40%
- Percentage chance of achieving your goal if you write it down and have a detailed plan – 50%
- Percentage chance if you have all of the above and accountability – 65%
- Percentage chance if you have all of the above and set up regular appointments with your accountability person– 95%
If you want to dream big and achieve those dreams–you cannot expect to do it without writing it down and you cannot expect to go it alone.
As you set bigger goals, you need your coach, parents, and teammates as accountability partners.
You need people to keep you mindful, call you out and keep you on track daily. You will need encouragers to push you forward and pick you up when you fall.
You also need to track your progress so they can celebrate with you when you are successful.
In their study on accountability, The American Society of Training and Development (ASTD) found that you have a 65% chance of completing a goal if you commit to someone. And if you have a specific accountability appointment with a person you’ve committed to, you will increase your chance of success by up to 95%.
As you give power to your dreams by writing them down, remember to include your coach and family. Strategize with them and allow them to hold you accountable. Set appointments to evaluate progress. The odds are increasingly in your favor when you do!